Demographic handbook for the Nordic countries – and how the B7 islands could make use of it.
The new demographic handbook for the Nordic countries, produced by Nordregio, emphasises the emergence of three key demographic trends across the Nordic countries. Migration is the main driver of demographic development with the population being increasingly concentrated to larger cities and regional centres; the population is also ageing, although this varies both in its extent and in the actual rate of increase, while in addition, the gender balance continues to vary significantly across the territory.
Individually and collectively these trends will have a crucial impact on practically all policy fields. The purpose of this policy brief is to provide regional and local policymakers with useful information for decision-making and planning to handle the demographic challenges.
- Demographic changes, housing policies and urban planning
- Demographic trends in the Nordic local labour markets
- Demography in the Nordic countries – A synthesis report
- Adapting to, or mitigating demographic change?
- How To Meet Demographic Changes
- Local and regional approaches to demographic change
- Nordic perspectives on demography