A background report for the project on coastal societies and demography.
The initial focus of this working paper is on the challenges for the West Nordic area in meeting the on-going demographic changes. These challenges are not special for the West Nordic area. During much of the analysis the focus will thus be just as much on Norden as a whole, and with references to Europe, the Arctic and globally.
This working paper is part of Nordregio’s contribution to the project Coastal Societies and Demographic Challenges in the North Atlantic.
- Väestönmuutosten kohtaaminen
- Scenarios for 2015-2080: The impact of migration on population and ageing
- Nordic ways of dealing with depopulation and ageing in rural and peripheral areas
- Nordic-Baltic Demographic Vulnerability Assessment at municipal level
- Nordregio News Issue 3 2013: Nordic Population Ageing – Challenge and Opportunity?
- How To Meet Demographic Changes
- Local and regional approaches to demographic change
- Addressing the issue of demographic vulnerability
- Adapting to, or mitigating demographic change?
- Demography in the Nordic countries – A synthesis report