The use of integrated territorial tools has gained prominence in Cohesion policy. In particular, the urban dimension of Cohesion policy has been strengthened for the 2014-2020 period. The aim of this study is to analyse the implementation of the territorial strategies within sustainable urban development under Article 7 of the ERDF Regulation.
The study will fulfill the following objectives:
- to collect all the relevant individual territorial strategies that have been developed in view of the new territorial provisions;
- to establish a database of the strategies with comparable factual information based on the above;
- to identify good practices in the use of the new territorial provisions based on an in-depth analysis of a sample of 50 strategies;
- to analyse differences and similarities among the set-up and implementation of the 50 territorial strategies and identify factors that explain them; and
- to outline a methodology for measuring the effectiveness of these new provisions in the coming years.
Sweco and EPRC – University of Strathclyde have been mandated to undertake the study. Nordregio will carry out the study in Denmark and Sweden.