Projects and activities
In the second period 2019-2020, the thematic group aims to run the following projects:
- Regional disparities and the geography of service within the Nordic countries
- Regional collaboration on service provision and social innovation
As stated in the Nordic Cooperation Programme for Regional Development and Planning, projects and activities must:
- Contribute to the continued development of knowledge by identifying specific examples, statistics, and policy-relevant conclusions;
- Identify organisational and structural aspects of the implementation of regional policy and contribute to an understanding of how multi-level governance affects the implementation of policies and initiatives in the focus area.
In the first period 2017-2018, the thematic group aims to run seven projects:
- Rural Norden in 2050: Spatial perspectives on demographic and economic futures
- Rural tourism in the Nordic region
- Rural attractiveness in Norden
- Rural perspectives on spatial disparities of education and employment outcomes
- Nordregio Forum 2018
- Transport support for elders and handicapped in the Nordic rural regions
- Rural housing dilemmas: De-population and empty houses, as well as lack of housing
In the second period 2019-2020, the major findings of different projects will be disseminated via publications, events and networks of researchers, politicians and other groups of interest.