Nordregio regularly hosts interns from a variety of universities around Europe. Placements vary in length from two months up to six months, with the exact period and working grade subject to individual agreement.
The specific skills we require from interns varies depending on our project needs. For the autumn 2019 period, we are looking for a candidate who could fit one or both of the following categories:
REGIONAL REFORMS AND SKILLS POLICIES
- Studying in a relevant field to Nordregio’s work, such as urban and regional development
- Interest in topics, such as skills policies, Nordic regional/municipal reforms, interregional collaboration in service provisions
- Knowledge/interest in Nordic regions and comparative regional studies
- Able to work proficiently in English and ideally have knowledge of one the Scandinavian languages
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
The deadline for the application is 1 May 2019!
INNOVATION AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
• Studying in a relevant field to Nordregio’s work, such as innovation and regional development
• Knowledge/interest in Nordic regions and comparative regional studies
• Interest in topics, such as green transition, digitalisation, and resilience
• Able to work proficiently in English and ideally have at least some knowledge of one the Scandinavian languages
• Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
The deadline for the application is 30 June 2019!
In return, we offer the chance to be part of an international, multidisciplinary team working on a range of issues related to rural and regional development and urban planning.
Other things that are good to know:
• The internship should form a part of the studies
• Internships at Nordregio are unpaid
• The student is responsible for arranging and paying his/her own accommodation in Stockholm
• The student’s home university is the responsible authority during the internship period, meaning that the student is not covered by Nordregio’s insurance
• The internship will preferably start in Autumn 2019
Applications, including a CV and cover letter explaining your interest in Nordregio, should be addressed to email@example.com. The internship team are also happy to answer any questions you might have about the program.
Are you Nordregio’s next intern?